About the League
The New West Symphony League was formed in 1995 to raise funds for the New West Symphony and we have now contributed over $3,000,000 to that purpose. By joining us and participating in our events and fund-raisers, you'll find that you are also "friend-raising". There's nothing like working on a big event to cement a new friendship! Our fund-raising activities run the gamut from intimate gatherings in members' homes to our ongoing medium-sized events called "The Pleasure of Your Company," to large-scale galas, such as the Poinsettia Ball, The Harmony Project, and the Valentine's Day Celebration. This year we will be hosting three gala-sized events, one in each of our venue areas, and we will need your help to pull these off! We also have many opportunities to assist with the educational programs of the Symphony, such as the Music Van and "Symphonic Adventures."
If you are interested in promoting classical music in our communities and local schools, we would love to have you! Membership information is available by calling Karen Sheehan, 805-659-0065 or by downloading an application on this website.
- Serve on major event committees: invitations, publicity, entertainment, décor, mailings, auction items, reservations, etc.
- Plan and implement small-venue events for The Pleasure of Your Company, an annual series of summertime events held in private homes, gardens and other interesting destinations.
- Plan trips and outings
- Meet the Artist: Assist, provide refreshments
- Recruit and welcome new members
- Assist in preparing and mailing the annual directory
- Pre-Concert Dinners: reservations, table décor, greet guests
- Symphony Notes (newsletter): articles, design & composition, proofreading, mailing
- Telephone tree
- Assist with Community Outreach events, and the League table on concert evenings
- Assist with school programs, be a Music Van docent
- Usher at Symphonic Adventures programs for local schoolchildren
- Assist in New West Symphony office with phones, mailings, computer, etc.
For more information, please give me a call: 818-281-6195 or contact me at GoldCoastConnection@gmail.com.