New West Symphony Education
Studies show that students who participate in music education programs have higher attendance, improved academic success, high school graduation rates and college aspirations. These results from strategic music education programs are music to our ears at a time where one in every four students in the United States fails to graduate high school.
New West Symphony works year round to bring music education into the lives of young people ages 5 - 14 in our communities. Our programs are designed to inspire passion for music through interactive live performances and music education programs that enrich the lives of our young audience members
New West Symphony Education Programs:
- New West Symphony Harmony Project of Ventura County - provides music instruction 5 hours per week to 95 at risk students in West Ventura
- Symphonic Adventures - a series of live and interactive concerts for elementary school children spanning Ventura County to Santa Monica
- Music Van - a traveling “petting zoo” of instruments that introduces the instruments of the orchestra to elementary students in Ventura County
- VIP Family Club - provides low-cost tickets to families and seats them up close in all three performance venues
- Outreach Concerts - free community concerts serving over 10,000 students and 150 schools in total
Donations are critical to the ongoing success of these programs.
Please consider making a donation today.